Chancelucky

Thursday, April 09, 2009

An Update


From the Sacramento Bee

If you’ve been looking for my most recent American Idol posts or (God forbid) looking for any new posts from me on other topics, you’ve probably noticed that I haven’t been around as much.

First, I’ve been very busy with regular life, but I’ve also been working very hard on a short story collection that I’m submitting for publication. Picking the stories is one thing, editing nearly 300 pages of material so that it’s coherent has turned out to be a huge task.

Second, I tivoed AI from Tuesday night, came home, and didn’t even feel that much like watching it. So Simon, it’s me, it’s not you…..Nonetheless, I think I just saw too much of the show. Other than being curious about what Adam Lambert will do next , it’s more or less stopped mattering to me whether or not any of the other contenders do well or badly. The show itself has turned oddly joyless.

I’ll be back to the blogging soon, btw….I may even do a couple more AI writeups assuming that I can watch all the way through. On the other hand, maybe I’ll get an agent, a publisher, and people reading my fiction. Me and the other million or so fiction writers out there :}

In the meantime, I do appreciate everyone who takes a look here and I’ll try to post once a week or so after this.

2 Comments:

At 4/14/2009 02:35:00 PM, Blogger Dale said...

I wish I could say I'm busy doing what you're doing but I can't! I'm just plain old lazy (but I'm so good at it!).

 
At 4/18/2009 07:38:00 AM, Blogger Chancelucky said...

Dale,

I've found the hard thing about bloggins is the sense of obligation. It's also the best part about it in many ways.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home